I don't know when one person's freedom of speech became more important than anothers, but that is what Political Correctness means to me. Everyone worries about hurting another persons feelings.
Look, if someones a jackass they are a jackass. No need to sugar coat it or change the wording to spare their feelings. That is your belief, and should be as protected as their feelings.
Then there is the issue of God. 95% of the entire world believe in a higher being. Why should we have to relent to the 5% that do not believe.
Why is it that only the minority in a belief seem to be the only ones that are protected? That seems to be the way the US looks at it today.
I should have as much right to say the pledge of allegiance as you do not to say it. I should have as much right to pray as you do not to pray. If you don't want to hear it then get the hell out of the room. I bet more people want to pray or pledge with me than want to not do them with you.
These are just a couple of examples, but there are hundreds more. If you don't agree with me that is fine(that is your freedom), but that is What I Think(my freedom). I just want both our freedoms to be the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment